What is a Waddler?
Waddler is a cute term used to define that adorable stage between young baby and toddler! We see so much value in separating our waddler friends from their younger/older counterparts because their developmental needs and individual interests vary. Waddlers are young children between 12-16 months who are unsteady walkers and just beginning to get into everything!
Hey Mama Bears- Meet your Waddler (ages 12-16 months)
- I am starting to walk/toddle
- I am super excited about the world around me and want to taste everything
- I love, love , love silly songs, word patterns and repetitive books (Pat the Bunny)
- I am becoming aware of my surroundings and am sensitive to changes in my environment
- I like my routine and probably have a favorite “blankie or lovie”
- I make my opinions well known to parents and caregivers easily
- I’m a drama king/queen! Waddlers can go from happy and giggly to exhausted to frustrated in a moment- try not to take it personally!
- I love to be cuddled (when it suits me!) and to engage with caregivers but give me time to explore my world! I love noisy toys, baby board books and textures! I’ll put them in my mouth every single time so keep a close eye on me!