We Know Toddlers!
1.) We Teach Toddlers!
- There is probably no cuter stage, nor more challenging group than our lovable, engaging and passionate toddlers. We teach toddlers the way we’d want our children taught: with patience, love and a lot of paint! Along the way we ensure individual needs are met and your toddler settles into a calm routine.
2.) We Keep Toddlers Busy and Fully Engaged!
- Toddlers are typically “into everything” and move at the speed of lightning so we make sure to over plan- toddlers need plenty of exciting activities but tire of them quickly!
3.) Toddlers are intense do well within a structured environment
- They are curious, emotional and demanding and their highs and lows are exhausting for parents and teachers. By keeping our toddlers on a predictable routine with ample time for quiet play, free choices and outdoor play. Toddlers love routines!
4.) Toddlers Want to Interact!
- Toddlers have lots of questions and are becoming competent in language acquisition and are developing receptive and expressive language which means teachers continually model correct word pronunciation, ask questions, model sentence structure and vocabulary.
5.) Toddlers get Bored Easily!
- They learn very quickly and then move on to the next amazing moment to explore so we plan activities that take between 5-15 minutes.Toddlers love to explore with all their senses, usually all at once!
6.) ...But they Love Repetition!
- Toddlers love to practice what they learn and we provide lots of time to revisit activities. For instance, working with various paint brushes is just plain mesmerizing!
7.) Toddlers let Mommy and Daddy Know they Need More!!
- Developmentally, toddlers are beginning to see themselves as separate from their parents and look towards their peers as potential playmates. This makes placing your toddler in a strong pre school program essential. We plan activities to ensure toddlers can have plenty of nurturing, time to explore alone and lots of opportunity to play with peers.
8.) We Wrote the Book on Toddlers-Toddler Explorer Curriculum!
- Our founder, Kathe Petchel, wrote our Toddler Explorer Curriculum which plans activities around three key areas: Gross motor, Music and Movement, Practical Living and Self Help Skills and Fine motor and Art. Toddlers work in small groups and play in the three curriculum areas during each day. Most activities last about 10 minutes. Parents are provided a monthly curriculum calendar which details specific activities for each week.
9.) Our Toddler Teachers are Patient, Creative and Flexible!
- It’s essential that toddler teachers fully embrace the unique wonder of a toddler. Some days, lesson plans must be adjusted to allow the teacher to better meet needs that arise.
10.)Toddlers Access their Emotions Quickly and with Great Energy!
- One of the most endearing qualities of a toddler is the ability to explore a wide range of emotions, sometimes within a minute! They are optimistic about their skills, many times don’t fully have the gross or fine motor muscles and eye hand coordination to succeed right away. This leads to frustration, particularly since language development is emerging continually. We help toddlers name their feelings and provide them avenues to express their frustrations.